The Vosse family was left traumatised after their house caught fire in George Enslin Road in New Woodlands on Wednesday October 12.
The incident occurred at 9.33am, and the entire house was destroyed by the heat, smoke and water.
According to Fire and Rescue Services, three people were in the house at the time of the fire.
The two children Sherigo, 2, and Leorick, 3, were injured in the fire and their mother Charlotte is still recovering in hospital.
New Woodlands resident Dawn Fagan said one of the neighbours saw smoke coming from the house while they were outside hanging up washing. “She investigated and saw the house was on fire and alerted the youngsters in the area. A taxi in the area arrived and rushed them to Red Cross Children’s Hospital. Their father Leon Paulse was at work at the time,” she said.
She said the family lost everything in the fire and is in need of assistance and donations.
The City’s Fire and Rescue Services spokesperson said two fire engines and one rescue vehicle were at the scene. He said resources were dispatched from Ottery, Gugulethu and Belhar fire stations. “The fire left four persons displaced and three patients were removed by Metro Ambulance personnel, prior the arrival of Fire and Rescue Service. The probable cause of the fire, was a lighted match igniting bedding and personal effects,” he said.
If you can help the family, call Dawn Fagan on 082 415 6938.